Are you curious to know about 'how has divorce changed over the years?' At Drama-Free Divorce, are committed to offering information. Missouri and Kansas in the Kansas City area individuals will find our flexible financing solutions affordable starting from $500 per month. We specialize in transparent pricing so they know exactly what they're paying for.
Our process does not require you to appear in court. Our attorneys are knowledgeable of both legal matters and possess compassion and understanding - something which makes the divorce experience all the more arduous and emotionally charged. That is why our team of attorneys strives to offer professional assistance while remaining sensitive throughout.
Over time, divorce has transformed drastically, altering both the social and legal landscapes of separation. From evolving laws of divorce to attorneys taking on more roles during separation. This article will examine these changes while offering insights on hiring an attorney who can make your transition smoother.
What changes have been made to divorce law over the years?
Divorce has long been considered an unpleasant social practice. However, due to various influences over time, it has become socially acceptable.
- Cultural Shifts: Shifting attitudes of society towards divorce have had an outsized impact on its norms. No longer is divorce regarded as stigmatizing for couples that are unable to resolve their differences amicably.
- Legal Changes: Divorce laws are changing to make divorce more accessible and less confrontational, such as with no-fault laws shifting away from assigning blame in favor of finding solutions for issues.
- Technological Advancements: Online platforms have revolutionized divorce proceedings by making accessing paperwork easier.
The most significant change in Divorce Law:
"No-fault" divorce has been one of the most groundbreaking developments in divorce law. Couples used to have to demonstrate marital wrongdoing or misconduct before filing for separation, this often led to long and bitter court battles. No-fault laws allow couples to separate without assigning blame to either party and have helped lessen its emotional toll and complexity.
Divorce Statistics Over The Years
Understanding divorce statistics can provide valuable insight into the changing landscape of separation. Divorce rates have fallen in recent decades - in 2019 the divorce rate stood at about 14.9 per 1000 marriages which suggests more couples are opting to separate instead of staying together and filing for divorce.
Why it's better to hire a divorce attorney?
Divorce can be an intricate legal process. Hiring an attorney could make all the difference during this difficult process. There are countless reasons to retain one:
- Legal Knowledge: Attorneys possess extensive expertise in divorce law and can guide you through the complex legal system to protect your rights and ensure a swift resolution to your divorce case.
- Negotiation Expertise: Attorneys have extensive knowledge in negotiating on behalf of their clients for asset division, custody arrangements, or maintenance payments - they will always strive for the most beneficial result possible in each situation.
- Reducing Stress: Letting an attorney handle the legal details allows you to focus on healing and moving on in life without feeling burdened emotionally by all that has to be dealt with. This should reduce stress significantly.
When is the right time for me to hire an attorney?
Appointing a divorce attorney at the right time is of utmost importance. Seek legal advice immediately:
- At the Initial Decision: Consult with an attorney as soon as you decide to divorce. They can give invaluable insight into what lies ahead.
- When Disputes Arise: To safeguard your interests and ensure they are protected, it's advisable to consult an attorney if necessary regarding crucial issues like child custody and property division. Doing so will allow them to keep up their side of the bargain and protect themselves properly.
- Before Filing: Prior to filing, it is wise to consult with an attorney so as to make informed decisions and ensure all documents are prepared accurately.
Criteria for Finding a Good Attorney
Selecting an attorney that meets all of the following criteria for a smooth divorce experience:
- Experience: Look for an attorney with proven success in divorce matters.
- Communication Skills: Working with an attorney who can listen to your concerns and explain the legal process clearly can be invaluable.
- Reputation: If you want to measure an attorney's reputation, research reviews and ask for referrals.
- Compatibility: Your attorney should inspire trust during difficult times.
Why Choose Drama-Free Divorce?
Our primary focus is making the divorce process as stress-free as possible for our clients, meeting all criteria necessary for an outstanding attorney, and exceeding them all in providing excellent legal assistance during this important transitional phase of life.
- Experienced Attorneys: Our attorneys have extensive experience handling divorce cases and will strive to protect your interests during this process.
- Excellent Communication: At our firm, we place great emphasis on effective communication. This ensures you remain fully informed every step of the way.
- Solid Reputation: Our firm's professionalism and empathy stand as testaments to its dedication to its clients.
- Customized Solutions: We tailor solutions specifically to the circumstances surrounding you.
Suggestions for Action:
Here are a few suggestions you can take to assist with the divorce process:
- Consult a divorce attorney in order to gain more clarity into your rights and options.
- Start the process off right by gathering all financial and legal documents pertinent to your business.
- At this critical juncture, it is vital to provide yourself with emotional and self-care support.
- Communication between you and your spouse will assist in reaching an agreement.
- To assist with the emotional issues caused by divorce, seek professional guidance from a counselor or therapist.
Divorce has changed significantly over time, becoming less contentious and more accepted. Our firm believes that hiring an attorney at the appropriate time is vital for a smooth transition and are here to guide you through this life-altering experience. Contact us today at 816 615-5555 or send us an email on our Contact Page.