Drama Free Divorce offers expert advice to those who are looking for "tips for avoiding a lengthy divorce". We also offer affordable financing options starting at $500 a month so that the financial aspects can be handled easily and without surprise, pricing is transparent so there are no unexpected charges. Court appearances can be avoided with our process designed around compassionate, yet highly skilled legal representatives who understand this is an important time in your life and require a professional, caring approach to make a smooth transition.
Do you fear an extended divorce process? You're not alone - in this article, we will explore why long divorces occur and the pitfalls to watch out for as well as seven tips to keep it moving swiftly and smoothly. Additionally, we will cover when and how to hire an attorney, introduce our firm as one of the leading divorce law firms, provide expert advice and action steps, and more! Read on.
What is the longest time a divorce can take?
Divorce can be a long and drawn-out process that often lasts several years. On average, divorce cases in the US last approximately 11 months with more complicated cases lasting several years and leaving both emotional and financial damage.
What is the reason for the long divorce process?
Many factors can delay divorce proceedings. Some examples include:
- Conflicted issues: Disagreements regarding child custody and asset division can slow the divorce process significantly.
- Overburdened courts: Legal systems can be overburdened, delays and backlogs could jeopardize your case.
- Lack of cooperation: Finding an agreement can be challenging when both parties refuse to negotiate and compromise.
7 Tips to Avoid Conflict During Divorce
- Open Communication: Keep open lines of communication with your spouse. Consider mediation to assist with resolving conflicts more quickly.
- Maintain accurate records: Document your assets, income, and expenses to help streamline the process. Documentation can help streamline this step as well.
- Be realistic in your expectations: Compromise is essential in reaching an equitable settlement, and be ready to concede in order to find an agreeable resolution.
- Consider Your Children: Consider your children when making decisions related to custody and visitation. Always try to act in their best interest.
- Consult a Therapist: Maintaining emotional well-being during divorce can be challenging, so considering visiting a therapist for stress relief could be invaluable.
- Keep your cool in court: When appearing before a judge, stay courteous and calm - avoid confrontations!
- Consult a divorce attorney for guidance during this difficult process.
Why hiring a divorce lawyer is better than not having one?
Legal representation may offer several advantages when going through a divorce alone.
- Legal Expertise: Attorneys understand the intricate laws of divorce and can protect your rights during this important process.
- Objective Advice: In times of emotional stress, they offer non-biased advice.
- Negotiation Skills: Attorneys possess expert negotiation skills and can help you secure the optimal settlement.
When should you consult with an attorney?
Consult an attorney as soon as possible if you anticipate a contentious divorce or have complicated legal matters that require assistance. Seeking legal advice early can save time, money, and stress in the future.
What criteria should be used when selecting an attorney?
Finding a top divorce lawyer is essential. Consider these criteria when searching.
- Experience: Select an attorney with experience handling divorce cases.
- Communication: Choose someone who is capable of clearly articulating what you need and listening closely.
- Compatibility: Your attorney should make you feel at ease.
- Reputation: Review online reviews and solicit referrals in order to gauge an attorney's reputation.
Why Choose Drama-Free Divorce?
Our firm specializes in divorce law. Our attorneys possess years of experience, are adept negotiators, and strive to secure the best possible result for their clients. We take great pride in our clear communication, compassionate approach, and understanding of the emotional challenges associated with a divorce - this speaks for itself in terms of client satisfaction!
Suggestions for Action
- Consult an Attorney: If you are contemplating divorce, make an appointment with an experienced divorce lawyer in order to discuss your situation and potential solutions.
- Organize Your Documents: Gather up all of your financial records such as bank statements, tax forms, and property records into one location for easy retrieval.
- Open Communication: Create an open line of communication with your spouse so as to make this process easier.
- Therapy: Counseling or therapy may help ease the emotional effects of divorce.
- Research Attorneys: Start searching for an attorney that meets all of your criteria.
- Contact Us: We offer a complimentary consultation if you're seeking an experienced yet compassionate divorce attorney.
Divorce can be an arduous journey, but following these guidelines and seeking legal advice can ease its complexity and length. Remember, you aren't in this alone, experts and resources exist to support you along your journey. Contact us today at 816 615-5555 or send us an email on our Contact Page.