Drama-Free Divorce can assist if you are seeking assistance for 'getting help with health issues caused by divorce.' We also offer flexible financing solutions that begin at $500 a month and are customized specifically to the individuals of Missouri and Kansas in Kansas City. Our transparent pricing ensures there are no unexpected expenses, court attendances are minimized to spare you the stress and hassle associated with legal proceedings. Our legal team strives to treat every case professionally and empathically.
This article explores how divorce can have an impact on both mental and physical health, how to overcome challenges related to it, and the advantages of professional assistance. We also discuss why hiring an attorney would benefit a client in their search process for legal assistance during a separation. Furthermore, our firm fits within the criteria used to find suitable attorneys - so as a practical service we provide advice for people navigating their way through this complex process.
5 Ways Divorce Affects Your Physical Health
Divorce can have serious repercussions for both parties involved. Here are five potential ways that divorce could negatively impact their health.
- Stress And Sleep Disturbances: Divorce stress can alter sleep patterns and weaken immunity systems, potentially leading to health concerns. According to the American Academy of Sleep Medicine (AASM), divorce stress may result in disruptions that adversely impact immunity systems resulting in various health concerns for those involved in a marriage breakdown.
- Weight Fluctuations: Stress or emotional eating can result in sudden weight fluctuations that place undue strain on the body, making the journey to well-being increasingly challenging. Being aware of such patterns and seeking support when necessary are critical steps toward overall well-being.
- Increased Risk of Chronic Conditions: Studies conducted at the University of Chicago indicate that divorced people are at increased risk of chronic diseases like diabetes and hypertension, according to research done there. Therefore, regular health screenings during and post-divorce should be completed as necessary.
- Stress Can Weaken Immunity: Stress can damage your immune system, leaving you more susceptible to illness. Exercise and a nutritious diet are both great ways to bolster immunity against illness.
- Alcohol and Substance Abuse: Some individuals turn to alcohol or substances as a means of coping with divorce, leading them down a dangerous path that could eventually result in addiction issues. If this is how you're handling things, seek professional assistance immediately should these unhealthy coping methods become an issue for you.
5 Ways Divorce Affects Your Mental Health
Divorce can cause extreme emotional strain, such as:
- Depression and Anxiety: Divorce can cause sadness and anxiety to surface more frequently than normal, according to the National Institute of Mental Health. Going through divorce increases your risk for mood disorders, therefore it is crucial that you seek emotional support during this difficult period.
- Low Self-esteem: Breakup of relationships often leaves individuals feeling disempowered and worthless. Self-care, building a support network, and attending therapy can all help build back up one's sense of worthiness.
- Isolation And Loneliness: Divorce can result in changes to your social circle, leading to feelings of isolation. Join support groups or maintain contact with family and friends to combat this feeling of solitude and isolation.
- Co-Parenting Stress: Co-parenting can be a challenging experience when children are involved, but communication between you and your ex and professional counseling services may help ease some of that tension.
- Grief and Loss: When going through a divorce, feelings of loss and grief may arise. It is important to acknowledge these emotions while giving yourself plenty of time for grieving.
How can I overcome these health problems?
Divorce can have lasting repercussions for both physical and mental well-being. Overcoming these health challenges caused by divorce requires taking an integrated approach:
- Find emotional support through friends, family, or support groups.
- Focus on taking good care of yourself, which includes regular physical activity and eating a balanced diet.
- If you are experiencing emotional issues, therapy or counseling could provide invaluable help.
- Keep contact with your former partner, particularly if you share children.
- Consult a qualified healthcare provider in order to manage and track your health.
When Should You Seek Professional Advice?
If your health issues persist or worsen, don't hesitate to seek assistance from medical professionals, therapists, and counselors who can offer tailored advice and treatment solutions.
Why is hiring a divorce attorney better than going without one?
Divorce can be an emotionally and financially draining legal process. Here's why it usually makes more sense to hire an attorney:
- Legal Expertise: Attorneys understand the nuances involved with divorce proceedings and can assist you in avoiding costly mistakes.
- Objective Perspective: Lawyers provide valuable insights and provide an objective viewpoint when emotions run high.
- Fair Settlement: They can assist with reaching an equitable division of assets, custody arrangements, and maintenance payments.
- Reduced Stress: Engaging legal representation to represent you in court can significantly decrease the stress caused by handling legal issues on your own.
When is the right time to hire an attorney?
As soon as you decide to divorce, it is essential that you contact a lawyer immediately. Early legal involvement will enable you to protect your rights during the beginning stages of the proceedings.
What criteria must I consider when searching for an effective attorney?
Selecting the ideal divorce lawyer is of utmost importance. When making your selection, keep these factors in mind:
- Experience in handling divorce and family law cases.
- Communication and responsiveness are vital.
- Clear fee structures, positive client reviews, and building strong reputations are key.
- Compatibility between goals and values.
Why Choose Drama-Free Divorce?
Drama-Free Divorce provides expert legal advice and support throughout the challenging process of divorce. Our family law attorneys have an outstanding record in securing favorable and fair outcomes for clients. Open communication is the key, we keep you updated on every step of your case while our fee structure enables transparent budgeting. And many of our satisfied clients can attest to our dedication and commitment.
Suggestions for Action
- Connect with family, friends, or support groups.
- Self-care is essential. Make time for regular physical activity, healthy eating habits, and medical check-ups.
- Reach out for therapy or counseling when experiencing emotional problems.
- Protect your legal rights early by consulting an attorney as soon as possible.
- Choose an attorney who shares your values and needs for an easier journey through the legal system.
Divorce can be emotionally and physically taxing, yet there are ways to manage its challenges more easily and manageable. Consult with an attorney immediately in order to ease this transition process and minimize its effects. Don't go it alone - there are resources out there available to you that can help rebuild your life! Contact us today at 816 615-5555 or send us an email on our Contact Page.