Are you wondering "How Many Marriages End in Divorce?" Drama-Free Divorce can provide the answers. We also offer flexible financing plans starting as low as $500/month in Kansas City (both Missouri and Kansas), Drama Free Divorce ensures affordable payment plans that give peace of mind when filing for divorce. Our compassionate lawyers fully appreciate this challenging time period and offer compassionate support throughout.
Marriage can be an amazing journey, but we must recognize its fragility. In this article, we will examine statistics surrounding divorce rates - particularly how often and during which years divorce occurs in the US. Furthermore, we'll address the benefits of hiring a divorce attorney (including when best to do so and the criteria to select an effective one) before providing our firm with one that fulfills these criteria.
What Percentage of Marriages End in Divorce?
Not every love story ends happily ever after, yet how many marriages end in divorce? According to reliable sources such as the National Center for Family & Marriage Research and the American Psychological Association, around 40-50% of marriages in the US ultimately result in divorce. While it may be painfully honest, it's essential that we face reality head-on.
What Year Are Divorces Most Common?
Now that we understand the odds, let's consider when these divorces often happen. According to statistics, divorce is most prevalent within five to ten years of marriage according to studies from the National Survey of Family Growth and the U.S. Census Bureau that demonstrate an increased risk for couples earlier on their journey together.
How Frequently Does Divorce Occur in the US?
Divorce rates have varied throughout history, reflecting changes in social norms, economic factors, and individual aspirations. According to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS), there were approximately 782,038 divorces and annulments in the US last year alone. That's an astoundingly large number that indicates many couples find themselves faced with the difficult decision of ending their marriages.
Why is Hiring a Divorce Attorney Better Than Without an Attorney?
Divorce can be one of the most emotionally and legally taxing experiences ever, so when it comes to navigating its complexities it is wise to seek professional assistance - this is where experienced attorneys step in as indispensable allies during these trying times, protecting both parties' rights while making sure everything moves as smoothly as possible during this transitional phase.
Hire an attorney as soon as you decide to file for divorce: Here are a few reasons why retaining one will make a huge difference:
- Legal Expertise: An established divorce attorney offers extensive legal knowledge and expertise, helping guide clients through the complex maze of divorce laws and regulations.
- Negotiation Skills: Divorce can involve the division of assets, child custody arrangements, and alimony obligations that need to be resolved quickly and amicably. An attorney with negotiation expertise can work on your behalf for the most favorable result possible.
- Emotional Support: Divorce attorneys not only manage legal matters, but they can also offer the emotional support you require during this difficult period.
- Avoiding Costly Mistakes: Without legal guidance, it can be easy to overlook key legal details that could prove costly in the future. By having someone on your team who knows exactly what's at stake, mistakes like these are avoided more effectively.
When is it Time to Hire an Attorney?
Timing is everything when it comes to hiring a divorce attorney, and that holds true when hiring one for yourself. Once you recognize that your marriage may be on its way out, seeking legal advice as soon as possible should become paramount. As soon as contemplating divorce or receiving papers from your partner arrives it is wise to speak with an attorney immediately in order to protect your rights and facilitate an easy and productive divorce proceeding from day one.
How Can I Select an Effective Attorney?
Now that you recognize the advantages of hiring a divorce attorney, your next challenge should be finding one who fits perfectly for your needs. Not all attorneys are created equal - when searching for your legal champion consider the following criteria when looking:
- Experience and Expertise: For successful divorce proceedings, seek an attorney with substantial family law and divorce experience. Specialized knowledge is key when managing these complex proceedings.
- Reputation and Reviews: Check online reviews from past clients as an indicator of an attorney's competence and professionalism. A solid reputation should serve as a reliable reference.
- Communication Skills: Your divorce attorney should possess outstanding communication skills, keeping you apprised of its progress while offering clear explanations for any legal matters that arise in your case.
- Empathy and Compassion: Going through a divorce can be emotionally taxing. Therefore, select an attorney who displays empathy and compassion while providing legal guidance.
Why Our Firm?
At Drama-Free Divorce, we take great pride in being the rock that our clients lean on during their challenging divorce journeys. Our team of highly experienced and skilled divorce attorneys has handled countless cases to protect the rights and best interests of their clients at every turn.
Here's why we stand out:
- Experience and Expertise: At Family Law Services of Virginia, our attorneys have over two decades of combined experience handling family law and divorce cases to provide superior representation for each of their clients.
- Positive Reputation: Our delighted clients have spoken positively of our dedication to producing favorable outcomes and providing unflinching support.
- Communication Is At The Core: We believe open and clear dialogue between attorney and client is fundamental for a productive attorney-client relationship. We will keep you updated throughout each stage of your journey to help ensure you fully understand all available options and rights available to you.
- Compassion and Empathy: Divorce can be an emotionally exhausting journey, which is why our team approaches every case with care, treating our clients like family.
Suggested Action Steps
Here are some steps you should take:
- Self-Reflection: Take some time to carefully consider your decision and be certain it is truly what's best for you. Divorce may or may not be an appropriate path.
- Consultation: Speak with one of our experienced divorce attorneys about how best to address your situation and understand available legal solutions.
- Gather Documents: Start collecting all relevant documentation related to your marriage, assets, and finances.
- Support Network: Assemble a group of friends, family, or therapists as your support network to lean on in times of difficulty.
- Considerations of Child Custody Arrangements: Assuming you have children, put their well-being first when making arrangements for child custody arrangements.
- Negotiation and Mediation: Explore negotiation and mediation as ways of amicably settling issues.
- Protect Yourself Financially: Taking steps to secure your interests financially is an important component of any divorce proceeding.
- Keep Calm: Divorce can be a difficult path, and remaining resilient will help ease its journey.
Divorce can be an emotionally taxing and exhausting journey. But with professional legal guidance from an experienced divorce attorney at your side, navigating this tumultuous period becomes easier, leading to better future results for all involved. Remember: you aren't alone on this journey and getting professional assistance could make all the difference in how successful the outcome of this ordeal will be. Contact us today at 816 615-5555 or send us an email on our Contact Page.