Are you curious about 'how the pandemic affected divorce?' Drama-Free Divorce provides expert guidance that can assist. We also provide budget-conscious clients with affordable payments starting at $500 a month for Missouri and Kansas residents in the Kansas City area. Flexible payment options and transparent pricing help reduce the stress and inconvenience of traditional court processes by requiring minimal or no court appearances. Our attorneys are not only highly professional but also extremely empathetic, they understand your struggles during this trying time.
Understanding the causes of this shift is of utmost importance, so we will discuss its impacts and the reasons behind it. Additionally, we'll cover when and why attorneys should be hired, and how to hire a competent one.
How has the pandemic affected divorce rates?
As we all know, the pandemic has brought many unexpected changes and one such result has been an increase in divorce rates. Relationships were put under strain during this period of economic uncertainty and stress as people were forced to stay home. Many couples found themselves at a crossroads while divorce inquiries rose dramatically.
Why the Pandemic Caused a Spike in Divorces?
- Stress Increased: With job losses, health issues, and isolation being the hallmarks of pandemic infection, tension and stress in many relationships inevitably increased - even those believed to be stable were affected by it constantly.
- Constant Togetherness: While spending quality time together during lockdowns may strengthen a marriage, it also exposes both parties to each other's quirks and eccentricities - something which could cause irreparable rifts to form between them.
- Economic Insecurity: Couples experiencing financial difficulty can become distressed due to an uncertain financial future and its associated uncertainty, creating additional strain in their marriage and potentially leading to marital conflict.
- Childcare Challenges: Balancing remote learning, work, and parenting was often difficult for families. Marriage strain further compounded this difficulty.
- Loss of Routine: The pandemic caused daily routines to be altered, leading to feelings of uncertainty and instability, which ultimately had an adverse impact on relationships.
- Prior Issues Weaken Further: Couples were forced to confront issues they had long avoided during the pandemic, forcing them to confront conflicts they had previously ignored.
Why hiring a divorce attorney is better than going it alone?
Divorce can be an emotionally challenging journey, and having an attorney on your side can make all the difference:
- Experience and Knowledge: Hiring a divorce attorney gives you access to experts with extensive legal knowledge who will guide you through all the intricacies of the legal process and prevent costly errors from being made by either party in a separation agreement.
- Emotional Support: Divorce can be emotionally draining. An attorney can provide much-needed support and assistance during this trying time.
- Fair Settlements: Your attorney will do their best to secure fair and just compensation while safeguarding your rights and interests.
- Avoiding Common Pitfalls: Without professional assistance, it can be easy to fall into traps that could damage your divorce proceedings.
When is the right time to hire an attorney?
At the right time and under certain circumstances, hiring a divorce attorney should be your top priority.
- You and your spouse decided to divorce.
- If you're facing complex financial situations.
- Issues related to child custody and support are in play.
- Prevent property disputes.
- Your spouse has already hired an attorney.
What are the criteria for finding a good attorney?
Finding the appropriate lawyer is of utmost importance. To select an attorney, keep these criteria in mind:
- Experience: Select an attorney with proven success in handling divorce cases.
- Communication: Your attorney should listen and respond accordingly to meet your needs.
- Reputation: Read client testimonials and perform background research.
- Transparency: When hiring an attorney, make sure they are transparent about the fees they charge and the processes involved.
- Compatibility: Finding an attorney that you feel at ease with is of the utmost importance - after all, this is a collaborative effort!
Why Choose Drama-Free Divorce?
Drama-Free Divorce understands the emotional and physical strain that divorce can take on its participants, with years of experience handling cases we exceed all criteria of an exceptional divorce attorney. Clients have appreciated our transparent communication throughout the divorce process as well as providing emotional and legal support during this difficult period. We look forward to giving you our support during this difficult period.
Suggestions for Action:
- Evaluate Your Situation: Assess your financial and personal circumstances and decide if divorce is right.
- Consult an Attorney: When contemplating divorce, it is advisable to meet with an experienced divorce attorney in order to discuss your situation and establish the most suitable course of action.
- Collect All Relevant Documents: Gather all essential documents such as tax returns, bank statements, and asset records to start.
- Think About Your Children: As a parent, take into consideration their future and their wellbeing.
- Stay Informed: Take time to familiarize yourself with the laws surrounding divorce in your jurisdiction so that you have a good grasp of its inner workings.
- Reach Out: When in need of emotional support, turn to family, friends, or therapists for assistance.
The pandemic had a noticeable impact on divorce rates. Many couples reevaluate their relationship due to stress, uncertainty, and disruption caused by it. Hiring an experienced divorce attorney may be beneficial in helping navigate legal complexities as well as offering emotional support and working towards an equitable settlement agreement. Contact us today at 816 615-5555 or send us an email on our Contact Page.