Drama Free Divorce will provide you with expert advice if you are searching for 'What are the types of affairs?' Financial solutions from Drama Free Divorce start from $500 per month for Kansas City residents, Missouri and Kansas residents. Our transparent pricing structure means you won't be surprised by any additional expenses during your divorce proceedings, saving time and stress during legal proceedings. Plus, our compassionate team understands your emotional turmoil - providing professional treatment in these difficult times.
Affairs can be emotionally and psychologically challenging situations that take many forms. This article explores different types of affairs, their three stages, and any possible effects they might have on a marriage's proceedings for divorce. Furthermore, we'll explain why hiring an attorney to handle your divorce case can be advantageous and provide advice on finding an excellent legal professional to represent your interests during that process.
5 Common Types of Affair Relationships
There are various kinds of affairs, which often remain secretive and concealed from public view. Here are five of these relationships:
- Emotional Affair: This type of affair is marked by deep emotional intimacy without physical contact. It often begins innocently but quickly escalates to more extreme measures.
- Physical Affair: Physical intimacy is at the core of this affair, without any emotional connections or attachments to either partner. Typically driven by physical desire and secrecy.
- Cyber Affairs: Cyber affairs have emerged as a form of relationship development within this digital era, including online interactions such as sexting or virtual connections.
- Long-Term Relationships: Some relationships last many years and become part of daily life, creating parallel lives that may be hard to separate because they're emotionally complex.
- One-Night Stand: An affair of this type typically entails an immediate, passionate encounter without any emotional attachments, often leading to unexpected results that can prove regrettable in later years.
What are the three phases of affairs?
Typically, businesses typically progress through three stages.
- The Attraction Phase: This stage can occur anywhere - at work, social gatherings or online - and leads to both emotional and physical attraction developing over time.
- The Exploration Phase: The exploration stage involves testing boundaries and keeping secrets, deepening the affair while often times simultaneously experiencing both guilt and excitement.
- The Resolution Phase: Affairs either fizzle out or escalate, leading to decisions to continue or terminate the affair and whether to inform your partner of it or remain in denial about what's happening. This phase can be difficult and emotional.
How does an affair impact the divorce process?
Divorce proceedings may be significantly impacted by affairs. Consider these facts:
- In the US, 40%-50% of marriages end in divorce.
- Affairs account for 20-40% of divorces.
Infidelity can affect a marriage in various ways:
- Alimony and Property Division: Infidelity may affect the division of assets and payment of alimony depending on where your marriage takes place.
- Child Custody: Courts will consider what is in the best interests of the child when making decisions on custody arrangements, taking into account how an affair could alter his/her well-being.
Why hiring a divorce attorney is better than going without?
Navigating a divorce on your own can be dangerous and here are several compelling arguments why hiring an attorney might be necessary.
- Legal Experience: Divorce attorneys understand the complex laws surrounding divorce proceedings and will defend your rights during this time of transition.
- Objective Advice: Attorneys provide objective guidance during what can be a highly charged process.
- Negotiation Skills: Experienced attorneys possessing strong negotiation skills can secure favorable settlements that save both time and money.
- Paperwork: Paperwork can be overwhelming, having an attorney on board ensures everything is filed on time and correctly.
When should you consult an attorney?
Timing is crucial when seeking legal advice. Know when is best for you to hire an attorney.
- Sooner Rather Than Later: If your spouse has hired an attorney, then you should also do so to level the playing field and even things out.
- Communication Breakdown: Should discussions with your partner become contentious or ineffective, an attorney can act as a mediator to facilitate the resolution of disagreements and disputes.
- Before Signing Anything: It is always advisable to seek legal advice before executing any legal documents that involve financial settlements, particularly when these involve contract settlements.
What Are The Criteria to Select an Effective Attorney?
Finding a lawyer you trust is of utmost importance. Here are some points to bear in mind:
- Choose an attorney with experience handling divorce cases.
- To determine an attorney's credibility, read reviews and request references.
- Make sure your attorney is accessible and responsive.
- Talking about fees and payment plans upfront will prevent any unpleasant surprises from cropping up later on.
Why choose Drama-Free Divorce?
Drama-Free Divorce stands out as the premier divorce attorney due to its various benefits:
- Experience: Our team has extensive experience handling divorce cases.
- Reputation: Our clients have given us rave reviews for the remarkable results we achieve for them.
- Communication: At our company, we place great emphasis on open and consistent dialogue with you at every stage. You will remain informed at every turn.
- Affordability: Our flexible payment options enable us to offer legal services to everyone.
Suggestions for Action
Once you have the necessary information on affair relationships and their impact on divorce proceedings, here are some practical steps you should take:
- Determine whether divorce is right for you by carefully considering all aspects of your circumstances.
- Couples therapy may provide invaluable assistance if you are considering divorce due to an affair.
- For assistance with your divorce case, consult with an experienced family law attorney for a consultation session.
- Prepare by gathering financial records and documents.
- To make an informed decision, it is essential that you remain up-to-date on any local laws pertaining to divorce in your area.
Affairs can have devastating repercussions, particularly during a divorce process. Understanding their different phases is vital and it would be wise to hire an experienced divorce attorney as support during this trying time. At our firm, we're here for our clients with expert advice and support every step of the way! Contact us today at 816 615-5555 or send us an email on our Contact Page.