At Drama-Free Divorce, our aim is to assist those who seek clarity regarding, 'What difference does adultery make in a divorce?' Missouri and Kansas residents living within the greater Kansas City area can take advantage of our cost-effective financing solutions starting at just $500 a month, tailored specifically to their needs. Our transparent pricing will guarantee a hassle-free financial journey without hidden fees, while our legal experts will help guide them through this difficult period.
Divorce can be an emotionally trying experience, adding adultery into the mix only compounds this difficulty. We will explore in this article what effect adultery has on divorces in Kansas City, whether adultery constitutes valid grounds for filing and its effect on settlement amounts. Furthermore, we'll address when and why to hire a lawyer as well as the criteria used to select one. Additionally, we'll introduce our company and explain how they meet those criteria as well as provide practical tips to ease through this challenging process.
What Is Adultery?
Adultery refers to the unfaithfulness of one spouse, engaging in sexual relations outside their marriage without permission or knowledge from their partner. This topic can have devastating repercussions for a relationship and should always be handled sensitively.
Can adultery be the basis for my divorce in Kansas City?
Adultery is a valid cause for divorce in Kansas City and Missouri. While most states now permit uncontested divorces without fault being assigned, adultery remains one of the few grounds available as grounds for dissolution of marriage. If evidence can be presented demonstrating your partner has been unfaithful to you then this could provide grounds for dissolution of marriage and lead to the necessary action being taken against them.
Does adultery make a difference to your divorce settlement?
Adultery can have a substantial influence on a divorce settlement. Proven infidelity will be taken into consideration when courts determine alimony payments, property division, and child custody arrangements.
What impact does adultery have on divorce financial settlements?
Statisticians have demonstrated that adultery may result in higher financial settlements for those not guilty. Adultery in Kansas can have serious repercussions and, according to reliable sources such as the American Bar Association, prove adultery could result in a more equitable division of assets that can provide compensation to wronged parties.
Why hiring a divorce lawyer is better than not having one?
Divorce can be an emotional and difficult legal process, which is why having a divorce attorney by your side will make all the difference in outcomes. Here's why:
- Legal Expertise: Divorce attorneys possess extensive knowledge of family law and can protect your rights.
- Objective Advice: Lawyers offer impartial counsel that can assist in making rational decisions during times of emotional upheaval.
- Paperwork and Procedures: They will handle all the paperwork for you, making the legal processes less time-consuming and stressful for you.
- Negotiation Skills: Attorneys possess exceptional negotiation skills and will strive to secure you with the optimal result possible.
When should you consult an attorney?
As soon as you start thinking about divorce, it's advisable to consult an attorney immediately. Even if your marriage seems on its way out, early legal involvement will enable you to make informed decisions and protect your interests.
What criteria can be used to select an effective attorney?
- Experience: When hiring an attorney to represent you in family and divorce law cases, seek one with experience.
- Communication: Find someone who is capable of keeping you updated at every stage.
- Reputation: Select an attorney renowned for both success and integrity.
- Compatibility: Choose an attorney who understands and shares your personality and approaches.
- Affordability: Choose an attorney whose fees are fair.
Why Choose Drama-Free Divorce?
Drama-Free Divorce stands out as an exceptional choice when it comes to choosing an experienced divorce attorney. Our team boasts an enviable success record in divorce cases and prides itself on clear communication, transparency, and finding solutions tailored precisely to our client's needs.
Suggestions for Action
- Consultation: Contact our attorneys for a consultation regarding your legal options and situation.
- Beginning Collection: If adultery was one of the primary contributors to your divorce, begin gathering evidence as soon as possible.
- Consider Mediation: Mediation offers an affordable and stress-free alternative to court.
- Prioritize Children: If there are children involved, prioritizing their well-being and working towards an amicable co-parenting agreement are top priorities.
- Financial Planning: In order to secure your future, take an honest inventory of your current finances. Consult with professionals if necessary.
- Seek Emotional Support: Do not underestimate the emotional toll of divorce. Seek support from friends, family or a therapist as needed.
- Inform Yourself: Remain informed on the divorce process, your rights, and all issues surrounding it. Knowledge is power!
Divorce can be an emotional and complex journey. At Drama-Free Divorce, our firm will guide you through every step of this difficult time with professionalism, expertise, and empathy - so that the transition is as smooth as possible for both of us. Contact us today at 816 615-5555 or send us an email on our Contact Page.